Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Shabby Rose

Whitewashed shabby chic furniture with a lovely old world, vintage feel, was the inspiration for my latest fabric design.

Over the years, I have restored many wonderful pieces of old furniture, with a splash of white paint and some elbow grease, to rub back various areas of paint.
Looking at my one of my "shabby chic" side tables, (while relaxing with a nice hot cup of tea ;) got me thinking ... "why should furniture have all the fun?"


The result of that thought is "Shabby Rose" - a vintage inspired "shabby chic" fabric featuring 
soft lemon/tea coloured roses, distressed against a teal textured background :)

Shabby Rose 

I am looking forward to adding a collection of fabrics to co-ordinate with "Shabby Rose" soon :)


© All rights reserved.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful pattern, it reminds me of all the vintage fabrics that I am always drawn too. Always beautiful work. :-) My best to you ~ Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new fabric design is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing your inspiration for this design. Good things can happen when musing over a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this design, it is simple, comforting and calming. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning design! I can see this fabric on a little white chair - it would look perfect.
    Have a great day Kris.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful fabric! Possibly my favourite of all of yours I've seen so far! :-) Would love to see the whole coordinating collection.

    I've always wanted to try my hand at restoring old furniture - perhaps I should put it on my to-do-list.

    I totally see this with a white chair too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of the textured background. It adds so much character. Another winner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations you already have a good blog. I'll share my blog had

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, just love it, clever you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to say hello, I love receiving feedback on the Kristopher K Blog, and reading all your wonderful comments :)