Saturday, November 05, 2011

"No Sew" Christmas Ornament Tutorial

... seeing all the Christmas Decorations starting to appear in the stores earlier this week, I decided today to make some new fabric ornaments for the tree! ...
(I know ... I know ... where has the year gone?)


So using fabric swatches of my design "Linen Look Stars" in Cinnamon and Mint (as above) I made these - So Simple! - So easy! - No Sew Ornaments :)
Below is a little Tutorial, incase your wanting to make some too :)

"No Sew" Christmas Ornament Tutorial

Materials:
1 x 65mm Polystyrene Ball (per ornament)
1 x 8" square of fabric (per ornament)
Pins
Twine

Instructions:
- Tear 8 even strips of fabric
- Place 2 strips of fabric together at right angles
- Continue to add strips of fabric (as shown)
- Place Polystyrene Ball in the center of the fabric strips
- Wrap the fabric strips around the polystyrene ball
- Fasten fabric in place, with a pin (and add a loop of twine under pin if hanging ornament)
- Enjoy :)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely fabric design. FAB idea! You've made this look really simple but I am quite cack handed so I think mine will be a bit messier. Going to give it a whirl though with some of my test swatches. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love no sew things - not sure I have any fabric as stunning as yours to try this with but will give it a go for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous design idea. I am going to try this one.

    You always have such interesting ideas and beautiful fabric designs.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris,
    Just a note to let you know that I linked to this post from mine today. Thanks again for the inspiration.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to say hello, I love receiving feedback on the Kristopher K Blog, and reading all your wonderful comments :)